acxo message

Subject: Re: REGREP DRAFT PRESS RELEASE

Quick responses:

   *** replace "XML.ORG Regrep" with "the XML.org Regrep" throughout
   *** (actually, after seeing it in print, I prefer "the XML.org
   *** Registry" to "the XML.org Regrep")

something that has never existing before

   *** existed

it was designed to serve

   *** it is designed to serve

“XML.ORG Regrep belongs to the community,” stated Jon Bosak (Sun
Microsystems), organizer of the working group that created XML. “OASIS
continues to seek input from users, other registry groups and standards
bodies on what people wants from this open resource. This first phase is a
call for participation, an opportunity to experience XML.ORG Regrep’s
potential and an invitation for the community to help determine the evolving
functionality of the registry.”

   *** edited:

      "The XML.org Registry belongs to the XML community at
      large," said Jon Bosak (Sun Microsystems), organizer of the
      working group that created XML.  "This first phase is a call
      for participation, an opportunity to experience the
      potential of an open XML registry, and an invitation to the
      community to help shape its evolving functionality."

>From its inception, XML.ORG Regrep has been a consensus-focused effort

   *** consensus-based

Regrep developers continue to work with the OASIS Registry &
Repository Technical Committee in its open process to define a

   *** "open process" is too much right here; I suggest we delete
   *** "in its open process"

XML.ORG Regrep will link to standards-compliant repositories

   *** Ultimately, the XML.org Registry will link to

as well as to resources residing on its own site.

   *** as well as providing resources

Jon