amqp-bindmap message

Subject: RE: Request to permit Randall Stewart from the SCTP standards group attend Tuesday's call

Yes, I would object to Randall’s participating in the meeting beyond an informational presentation on SCTP. Unless he joins OASIS and the TC first.

I pinged Chet Ensign on this issue and he suggests:

We have handled situations like this before. Here is what I always suggest; treat this as 2 meetings. The first meeting is not a formal TC meeting but rather an informal informational session where Randall is your invited speaker. Then, as you say, after Randall has finished and left the call, start the formal TC meeting with attendance, minutes, etc. and you can proceed without any IPR concerns.

Would Randall consider joining OASIS as an individual? That's just $300, I believe.

From: amqp-bindmap@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:amqp-bindmap@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Matthew Arrott
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:04 AM
To: amqp-bindmap@lists.oasis-open.org

All,

Randall Stewart one of the key authors of SCTP protocol has agreed to present to us regarding the structure of SCTP. The question has arisen that for us to discuss possible mapping strategies with Randall there maybe members that feel this is a potential IPR risk and that we would want him to be a member of the TC. If this situations exists we will limit Randall's participation during the 29th meeting to just the presentation or work with him to find a path that does not cost him money to join the TC.

Please let use know if you object to Randall participating in the meeting beyond the SCTP presentation without joining the TC.

Thanks,

Matthew