amqp-bindmap message

Subject: RE: [amqp-bindmap] Groups - Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) WebSocket Binding (WSB) Version 1.0 WD03 uploaded

Thanks for your comments Jakub.

I'll be building a WD04 soon which will address these issues along with some other review comments. There are also a couple of technical errors in WD03 that I'll work with the other editors to resolve in WD04.

Regards,
Dave.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jakub.Scholz@deutsche-boerse.com [mailto:Jakub.Scholz@deutsche-boerse.com]
Sent: 22 September 2013 23:09
To: David Ingham
Cc: amqp-bindmap@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi David,

I finally managed to review the latest version of the WebSocket Binding specification... I have only some minor comments ...

1) The diagram in the introduction chapter 1 looks a bit incomplete. The text talks about AMQP message -> AMQP Frame -> WS Message -> WS frame hierarchy, but the diagram shows only AMQP Frame -> WS Frame relation.
Would extending the diagram make the introduction too complicated? Or do we want to include a complete diagram bellow? The same would apply also to the chapter 4.2.

[ AMQP Message 1 of 1]
|                     \_________
|                               \__________
|                                          \
[ AMQP frame 1 of 2 ]   [ AMQP frame 2 of 2 ]
|                   |   |                   |
|                   |   |                   |
[ WS message 1 of 2 ]   [ WS message 1 of 2 ]
|                   |   |                    \________
|                   |   |                             \________
|                   |   |                                      \
[  WS frame  1 of 3 ]   [ WS frame 2 of 3 ]   [ WS frame 3 of 3 ]

2) The diagram in 2.3 refers to the figure 3 (F3) for the "OPEN" step. But bellow are only figures 1 and 2. Figure 3 is only in the chapter 3.4 and shows the "HTTP GET" step for the diagram with SASL authentication.

3) The example in chapter 3.4 is in the diagram referring to the figures 3 and 4 as F3 and F4. I seem to be always confused by it, because at a first look it makes me feel that we are missing the first two steps of the diagram (as in 1, 2, 3, 4). Can we make a bit more clear that it is a reference to the figures bellow? Maybe like this?

WS Client  			    WS Service
/ AMQP Endpoint               / AMQP Endpoint
  |                                |
  | HTTP GET (WS handshake)        |
  |                 see Figure 3)  |
  |------------------------------->|
  | 101 Switching Protocols        |
  |                (see Figure 4)  |
  |<-------------------------------|

4) Chapter 5.1 and chapter 5.2 look a bit strange, because the first and third paragraph are always the same. I assume the first paragraph is for AMQP without SASL while the third for AMQP with SASL?

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o.
Managing Directors/Geschäftsführung:
Michael Gassmann, Mats Andersson.
Limited liability company with registered office at Sokolovská 662/136B, CZ-186 00 Prague 8 recorded in the Commercial Register IC: 275 77 015.
Maintained by the city court in Prague,
Sec. C, File No. 116874.

|-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
|David Ingham                       |                                                                                                           |
|<david.ingham@microsoft.com>       |                                                                                                           |
|Sent by:                           |                                                                                                         To|
|<amqp-bindmap@lists.oasis-open.org>|        amqp-bindmap@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                  |
|                                   |                                                                                                         cc|
|                                   |                                                                                                           |
|27/08/2013 16:08                   |                                                                                                    Subject|
|                                   |        [amqp-bindmap] Groups - Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) WebSocket Binding (WSB) Version   |
|                                   |        1.0 WD03 uploaded                                                                                  |
|                                   |                                                                                                           |
|                                   |                                                                                                           |
|                                   |                                                                                                           |
|                                   |                                                                                                           |
|                                   |                                                                                                           |
|-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  >---------------------------|
  |                           |
  >---------------------------|

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Document Name: Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) WebSocket Binding (WSB)       |
|Version 1.0 WD03                                                                      |
|Description                                                                           |
|Working draft 3 of AMQP WSB.                                                          |
|Download Latest Revision                                                              |
|Public Download Link                                                                  |
|Submitter: Mr. David Ingham                                                           |
|Group: OASIS Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) Bindings and Mappings           |
|(AMQP-BINDMAP) TC                                                                     |
|Folder: Working Drafts                                                                |
|Date submitted: 2013-08-27 07:08:33                                                   |

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese E-Mail. Das unbefugte Kopieren dieser E-Mail oder die unbefugte Weitergabe der enthaltenen Informationen ist nicht gestattet.

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this message. Any unauthorised copying of this message or unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.

Legally required information for business correspondence/ Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead