amqp-comment message

Subject: Make Management Node/Manageable Entity Strings explicitly AMQP 1.0 UTF8 Strings

Hello,
It would be good if the Management spec was absolutely clear and explicit (referring to the relevant section in the AMQP 1.0 spec would be good) that strings in management nodes and manageable entities should be AMQP 1.0 UTF8 strings.

I realise that it's implicit in some of the wording, but I'm in no hurry to allow the possibility that management nodes (or clients) might be sending C style binary strings. I've been on the receiving end of too many ClassCastExceptions of byte[] values in maps when I was reasonably expecting String. I'd really like to be able to say that an application is off spec if it sends binary strings and be able to clearly point to a reference to say so.

Best Regards,
Fraser