Subject: Re: [amqp] Non-normative Refs: Filters

I think we want a simple way for implementers and communities to experiment with particular extensions prior to any standardisation effort by OASIS. Filtering is an obvious area for this sort of thing and there are others.

That's not to say a formal standard is not a good thing. It is simply that we want to allow emergence of 'grass-roots' interoperable extensions before getting a full standard out.

My suggestion would be to use symbolic descriptors either in a domain assigned to experimental work or conforming to a particular pattern (e.g. prefixed by 'x-').

These would not be official OASIS standards at this point but would allow collaborative efforts externally to be useful to users and to prove out different approaches which would be valuable feedback into any standardisation effort.