announce message

Subject: OASIS MEMBER NEWS: XYENTERPRISE NAMES RICHARD PASEWARK VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES & MARKETING

-----Original Message-----
From:	Dan Demaree [SMTP:ddemaree@demaree-pr.com]
Sent:	Wednesday, October 27, 1999 7:22 PM
To:	Linda Walker
Subject:	XYENTERPRISE NAMES RICHARD PASEWARK VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES &
MARKETING
Importance:	High

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact:
Dan Demaree
Demaree Public Relations
781-224-1700
ddemaree@demaree-pr.com

XYENTERPRISE NAMES RICHARD PASEWARK VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES & MARKETING

Company continues focus on content management for e-enabled businesses

READING, MASS--October 25, 1999--Xyvision Enterprise Solutions Inc.
(XyEnterprise), a leading developer of content management and publishing
software, has appointed Richard A. Pasewark Vice President of Sales and
Marketing. The announcement was made by Kevin Duffy, President and CEO
of XyEnterprise.

"We are extremely pleased to promote Rich Pasewark to this crucial Sales
and Marketing position," said Duffy. "Rich's industry background,
marketing expertise and significant history in solutions selling will
help create new business opportunities for XyEnterprise as we expand our
offerings in the rapidly growing electronic content and information
delivery marketplace."

Pasewark had been the company's Director of New Business Development,
responsible for developing sales and service relationships with third
party resellers and integration partners including CTA, IBM, Telcordia
and others. Recently, he has been instrumental in driving new product
specifications and marketing programs. Prior to joining XyEnterprise,
Pasewark held technical, marketing and sales positions with Adobe
Systems, Frame Technology, and Datalogics.

With the promotion, Pasewark will be responsible for the sales and
marketing of XyEnterprise's content management and electronic publishing
technology. He will also direct the product definition and marketing
communication efforts of XyEnterprise as it expands its e-enabled
application solutions to new markets.

"We are well positioned to offer a new breed of content management
applications by making the benefits of our proven high-end solutions
available to a broader range of companies moving into e-enabled business
arenas," noted Rich Pasewark, Vice President of Sales & Marketing,
XyEnterprise. "Over the coming months, we will be introducing new
products and services that leverage the use of widely deployed desktop
applications for sophisticated content management applications. I see
great opportunity for XyEnterprise in these burgeoning e-business
areas."

Jerry Ulbricht, who had been responsible for all product sales, will now
focus on expanding XyEnterprise's third party product business as
General Manager, Applied Solutions. The Applied Solutions team focuses
on XyEnterprise's current Knowledge Management offerings as well as
emerging partnerships in the growing areas of electronic delivery and
electronic subscription management.
Company executives will be discussing these new products and other news
at the XyEnterprise User's Group Meeting, which is being held October
24-26, 1999 at the Royal Sonesta Hotel in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

About XyEnterprise

XyEnterprise provides companies with complete information and knowledge
management solutions that streamline the information creation and
delivery process. XyEnterprise combines its own publishing and content
management software with integration services and best-of-breed
technologies to build enterprise-wide solutions for the collaborative
creation, management and distribution of information. Its customer base
includes industry-leading companies in the aerospace, automotive,
telecommunications, standards, and publishing markets. These customers
include Boeing Aircraft, IBM, Gulfstream, Maruboshi, Telcordia, The
Bureau of National Affairs, ASTM, and many others. For more information,
please contact XyEnterprise: (781) 756-4400 or log on to the
XyEnterprise web site at http://www.xyenterprise.com.

Xyvision and Parlance are registered trademarks of Xyvision Enterprise
Solutions. All other product and company names mentioned herein are
trademarked by their respective holders.

    # # #

--
Dan Demaree
Demaree Public Relations