announce message

Subject: Arbortext Epic and Adept Editor named Product of the Year

Contact:  PG Bartlett
Arbortext, Inc.
(734) 327-6819
pgb@arbortext.com

Arbortext Epic and Adept Editor named a Product of the Year by Imaging &
Document Solutions

Analysts and industry experts recommend Arbortext to receive award.

ANN ARBOR, Mich., December 23, 1999 --- Arbortext Inc., a leading
provider of XML-based e-Content software, today announced the company
was chosen by Imaging and Document Solutions to receive a 1999 Product
of the Year Award in the Content Management, Document Management, and
Portals category.

The staff at Imaging and Document Solutions searched various categories
of the market for leading edge, innovative products that began shipping
in volume during 1999.  These products have either been tested in the
lab, reviewed first hand, or featured in a user case study.  Another
integral piece of the review and selection process includes the
recommendations of leading analysts and industry experts.  This year’s
list consists of the Delphi Group, GartnerGroup, Meta Group, the
Patricia Seybold Group, Doculabs, CAP Ventures, Bluebill Advisors,
Lighthouse Consulting and Imerge Consulting.   According to Imaging and
Document Solutions, “Only after this thorough review are we confident
that these products are truly deserving of our highest recognition.”

“More than 250 companies use Adept Editor and Epic to author XML
documents,” continues Imaging and Document Solutions.   “The templates
are easy to use and they provide two-way conversions between Microsoft
Word and XML, so users can create documents in the word processing
program they're familiar with.”

“We are thrilled to have been selected to receive a 1999 Product of the
Year Award,” said David White, director of product marketing of
Arbortext.  “We appreciate being recognized for our hard work and
innovation.  With review and input from our customers, our industry
peers, and a distinguished panel of analysts, its an honor to included
in this year's list."

About Arbortext
Arbortext is the leading provider of XML-based e-Content software to
Global 5000 organizations. Arbortext solutions enable companies to
create, manage and deliver vital business information automatically via
the Web, CD-ROM or paper media, improving customer relationships while
reducing costs. For more information about Arbortext, visit the company
Web site at www.arbortext.com.

# # #