announce message

Subject: OASIS Member News: XML Software from Boston-based Infoteria Chosen forSydney Paralympics Webcast (reformatted)

XML Software from Boston-based Infoteria Chosen for Sydney Paralympics
Webcast

We Media Chooses Software from Infoteria and Microsoft to Support Live
Updates on the Web
Don't Miss the Games:  October 18 - 29

Boston, MA and Tokyo, Japan-October 24, 2000-Infoteria Corporation, the XML
software company, announced today that its software was chosen to support
the webcasting of the Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games.  The games run from
October 18 through October 29.  The We Media webcast is being supported by
IBM, the technology partner of the Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games.

We Media chose Infoteria's iMAKER software and XML to support its webcast
of the Paralympics Games from Sydney.  We Media staff, technical and
non-technical, will input event results using Microsoft's Excel spreadsheet
from their laptops.  Infoteria's iMAKER will translate this Excel
spreadsheet data into XML (eXtensible Markup Language), enabling the
information to be used by the We Media's webcasting system.

"Infoteria is very jazzed about We Media's work at the Sydney Paralympics,
as well as their selection of iMAKER," said Tim Browne, CEO and president
of Infoteria Corporation, Worldwide.  "Because of Microsoft Excel's
ubiquity in the marketplace, and ease of use, We Media wanted to use it in
its scoring system.  Our iMAKER was a natural for them.  It is the
industry's only solution for moving Excel data into XML.  The combination
allowed its entire staff, regardless of technical skill, to input event
results from anywhere in the enormous Sydney venue. This not only is a
great example of an elegant solution made possible by XML, but it's in
support of an outrageously cool event.  Infoteria has always been committed
to diversity in the workplace, and we applaud the spirit of the Paralympic
Games, which highlights the strength, excellence, and determination of
these very special athletes."

About We Media

A multi-media company for people with disabilities, their families and
friends, We Media Inc. is the Official Webcaster of the Sydney 2000
Paralympic Games. It is also the United States Television Rights Holder,
and the Official Magazine in North America, of the Games.  Worldwide live
coverage of the Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games will be available on We
Media's full-service sports site at http://www.wemedia.com.

We Media was launched in 1997. The company's first product was WE magazine,
a glossy consumer lifestyle publication.  The magazine, published
bimonthly, has won accolades for its top-flight editorial content and
innovative approach to disability issues. The magazine's Web site,
http://www.wemagazine.com, debuted in 1998.

In December 1999, We Media launched www.wemedia.com, a one-stop,
full-service, integrated online community.  The We Media site provides the
disabled community with targeted and comprehensive information resources in
the areas of finance, real estate, news, education, and sports.

About Infoteria Corporation

Infoteria Corporation is a leading software design and development company
focused on building and selling XML-based B2B eCommerce solutions that
intelligently and profitably connect buyers and sellers.  The corporation
offers a wide range of XML software tools, components and products, as well
as the services and training necessary to implement end-to-end XML-based
customer solutions.

Infoteria partners include IBM, Microsoft, Toshiba, Oracle, Sun, Softbank,
Hitachi and others.  Infoteria Corporation is a member of W3C and Oasis,
with development centers in Tokyo and Boston.  Additional information can
be found on the web at http://www.infoteria.com.

iMaker is a trademark of Infoteria Corporation.  W3C and XML are the
registered trademarks of the World Wide Consortium.  Other brand product
names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders.
All rights reserved.

Company Contact:
Deborah Senay
Infoteria Corporation