announce message

Subject: OASIS Member News: XML Guru David Silverlight Joins Infoteria

XML Guru David Silverlight Joins Infoteria
Head Geek of xmlpitstop now chief Infoteria evangelist

Boston, MA and Tokyo, Japan-December 4, 2000-Infoteria announced today that
noted XML expert David L. Silverlight has joined the company as XML
evangelist.

David will represent Infoteria in the XML community and standards bodies.
His first technical presentation as an Infoterian will take place this week
at XML 2000. Together with Carl Tyler, Director of Development for
Infoteria, he will present "Design an XML Website:  The Basics" at 2pm on
Tuesday December 5. The presentation will demonstrate how to design web
sites to solve both client and server problems, including site navigation,
maintenance, and interoperability among different browsers. XML 2000 takes
place this week, December 5-8, at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in
Washington, D.C. For more information visit
http://www.gca.org/attend/2000_conferences/XML_2000/

David produces xmlpitstop.com, an extensive resource for both new and
experienced XML developers. He was a founder of the eHealth company
MedEweb.com, which creates cutting-edge thin-client applications for the
healthcare industry. As the company's lead programmer/analyst, his work
included the development of an XML-based interface to allow B2B
transactions between MedEweb and other companies.

As evangelist for Infoteria, David will continue to produce xmlpitstop.com
(http://www.xmlpitstop.com). The site is notable for its appeal to hands-on
developers, offering not only a wide range of resources and publications
but also good demo applications that provide a full working version of
commonly sought functionality. "Developers come to the site to learn how to
do something," David comments, "And white papers, or even code snippets,
just aren't as helpful as a real piece of source code."

David is a frequent speaker at events such as Microsoft Developer Days,
where he presented last year on XML. In his in-person technical
presentations, David often spends time going through the code for the demo
applications he creates for xmlpitstop.com, giving developers the
opportunity to learn firsthand the principles behind their creation. "It's
like a chef's cooking show on TV," says David. "I present the general
technique, and spend time on anything that's tricky. Just as a cook would
then turn to the full recipe, developers who have participated in my
presentation can refer to the demos they download, with greater knowledge
of how they were built."

In addition to the material he writes for xmlpitstop.com, David's
publications include the chapter "Web Databases with SQL Server and Access"
in the book Visual InterDev Unleashed.  David is also president of the
GoldCoast (Florida) XML users group, which has over 100 active members.

"We are delighted to welcome David to Infoteria," said Tim Browne, CEO and
President of Infoteria, Worldwide. "His impressive knowledge of XML, his
enthusiasm for its benefits, and his experience as a developer will be
tremendous assets to Infoteria as we move forward in this fast-moving
emerging market."

 "This is a perfect fit for what I do," said David. "I've been a one-man
XML evangelist, doing that work in my free time. Now I can focus on what I
love best and also have the chance to make an impact as part of a great
company. Infoteria is a cool company in general, and I really like the
workplace atmosphere.  It's a great environment to be in, from a
developer's standpoint."

About Infoteria Corporation

Infoteria Corporation is a leading software design and development company
focused on building and selling XML-based B2B eCommerce solutions that
intelligently and profitably connect buyers and sellers. The corporation
offers a wide range of XML software tools, components and products, as well
as the services and training necessary to implement end-to-end XML-based
customer solutions.

Infoteria partners include IBM, Microsoft, Toshiba, Oracle, Sun, Softbank,
Hitachi and others.  Infoteria Corporation is a member of W3C and Oasis,
with development centers in Tokyo and Boston. Additional information can be
found on the web at http://www.infoteria.com.

Contacts:

Company Contact:
Deborah Senay
Infoteria Corporation
(978) 922-4029
dsenay@infoteria.com
www.infoteria.com

Press Contact:
Dana Erman
FitzGerald Communications
(617) 494-9500
derman@fitzgerald.com
www.fitzgerald.com

W3C and XML are the registered trademarks of the World Wide Consortium.
Infoteria is a trademark of Infoteria Corp. All rights reserved.