announce message

Subject: Oasis Member News-IBM Upgrades to XyEnterprise's XML ProfessionalPublisher v7.0

Contact:
Steve Traugott
Demaree Public Relations
603.428.4411
straugott@demaree-pr.com

IBM Upgrades to XyEnterprise's XML Professional Publisher v7.0

XyEnterprise's largest global licensee, IBM, uses XML Professional Publisher to produce documentation in 42 written languages

READING, MA - March 12, 2001 - Xyvision Enterprise Solutions, Inc. (XyEnterprise), a leading innovator and developer of XML content management and publishing software, announced today that International Business Machines (IBM) (NYSE: IBM), is upgrading to XyEnterprise's recently released XML Professional Publisher (XPP) version 7.0 software at over forty locations around the world. IBM is XyEnterprise's largest global licensee for XPP, using it to produce user manuals, reference manuals, and other technical documentation for the company's software and hardware worldwide.

The XPP systems at IBM outputs PostScript in 42 languages, from Japanese to Russian/Cyrillic, that is either distilled to PDF for electronic delivery or printed for hardcopy delivery. In addition to this software upgrade, IBM has recently increased its number of XPP licenses to support the ever-growing need for multi-language documentation resulting from the global fragmentation of national languages, as witnessed in the former Soviet Republics.

David A. Schell, chief strategist for information development tools at IBM Corporation said, "We made the XPP publishing engine a seamless part of our SGML/XML authoring,  editing and production environment. XPP is a major part of our infrastructure but it remains transparent to our global user base." Schell continues, "We have been approached repeatedly by other vendors and I've just not found a compelling reason that would make us displace the XPP processor."

Simcha Gralla, software engineer and technical lead for IBM's XyEnterprise systems stated, "From a programming perspective, the biggest thing XyEnterprise added in the 7.0 release is that they have significantly increased the system limits in areas such as the number of text registers. Also, they have added native graphics support which will save us an additional 25-30% on processing time."

Richard Pasewark, vice president of marketing and sales for XyEnterprise said, "It continues to be a pleasure working with the IBM team, they are truly a first rate organization and we are extremely happy to be a part of their systems infrastructure.  Going forward, XyEnterprise will continue to provide IBM and other global companies with mission critical publishing solutions that provide measurable returns on investment and further support the diverse needs of the growing worldwide market."

IBM is running XML Professional Publisher on IBM hardware using the AIX operating system. IBM has been a XyEnterprise customer for over five years.

About XML Professional Publisher

XML Professional Publisher is a high performance content formatting and publishing application that composes pages from XML/SGML source data and outputs high quality results in XML, PDF, HTML and PostScript. XML Professional Publisher provides superior XML and typographic support combined with a level of speed, power and throughput that is unattainable in other publishing systems.

About XyEnterprise

With headquarters in Reading, MA, Xyvision Enterprise Solutions, Inc. (XyEnterprise), provides organizations of all sizes with content and document management solutions that streamline the information creation and delivery process. XyEnterprise combines its own XML content management, workflow and publishing software with integration services to build enterprise wide solutions for the collaborative creation, management, assembly, and multi-channel distribution of information. Its customer base includes industry-leading companies in the aerospace, automotive, telecommunications, standards and publishing markets. These customers include Boeing, IBM, Gulfstream, Telcordia, Sun Microsystems, Lucent, ASTM, and many others. For more information, please contact XyEnterprise at 781.756.4400 or www.xyenterprise.com.

Xyvision, XyEnterprise, the swirl logo, Content@, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Xyvision Enterprise Solutions, Inc. IBM and AIX are trademarks of International Business Machines.  All other product or company names may be trademarks of their respective holders.