announce message

Subject: [announce] OASIS Member News: NeoCore Names New President and CEO

NEWS RELEASE
Contact:
Jil Goebel/Jane Turnis
Origin Communications
Tel: 719.785.9900
Fax: 719.630.8537
jane.turnis@origincom.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEOCORE NAMES RIC MILES NEW PRESIDENT AND CEO
Leader's extensive technology and business background will take
NeoCore to next level
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Jan. 7, 2002 - NeoCore has chosen
Eric "Ric" Miles as its new president and chief executive officer,
effective immediately.
Miles was most recently the executive vice president of worldwide
operations at FrontRange Solutions, also based in Colorado
Springs. His previous experience includes executive and managerial
positions at PeopleSoft, Vantive, Compaq Computers and Tandem.
Company Chairman and founding CEO Tim Dix stated that Miles'
hiring is the culmination of a more than a yearlong search to find
the right industry-based person to lead NeoCore's operations as
the company grows and pursues major national and international
business opportunities. "Ric is a well-connected and experienced
industry leader who will provide the necessary leadership to scale
the company to meet the extraordinary market opportunity for
NeoCore's XML Information Management System," Dix said. NeoCore
XMS is a self-structuring native XML database that serves as an
extremely efficient information infrastructure for dynamic
business applications.
"We have been looking for someone with Ric's talent for a period
of time. We conducted an extensive, nationwide search, and we were
very fortunate to find him right here in Colorado Springs," Dix
said. "We need to grow the company far beyond its present size,
and we are confident that Ric is the right person to lead this
growth. His Colorado background, connections and experience in
Silicon Valley are great assets to NeoCore.  The entire NeoCore
team is very enthusiastic about working with him."
At FrontRange Solutions, Miles was hired as vice president of
marketing and business development; he held that role for three
months before being promoted to executive vice president of
worldwide operations. Prior to FrontRange, Miles was senior vice
president of global alliances and partnerships at PeopleSoft Inc.,
vice president of global marketing at Vantive, vice president of
Tandem sales and marketing at Compaq Computers, and director of
Americas sales and operations at Tandem.
Miles said he anticipates substantial growth at NeoCore. "My
immediate agenda is to establish a very clear position in this
emerging market, and to develop a rock-solid business model," he
said. "I see huge opportunities for NeoCore and its innovative
technology. I'm thrilled to have this opportunity." Miles will
also join the company's board of directors.
Dix, a co-founder of NeoCore, will continue to work full time for
the company as senior consultant and its chairman. Chris Brandin,
NeoCore's other co-founder and inventor of its proprietary
technology, continues to serve the company as its CTO. Both Dix
and Brandin continue as members of the company's board of
directors.
About NeoCore Inc.
NeoCore Inc. is an innovator and provider of high-performance XML
information management systems that are powered by the company's
patented Digital Pattern Processing technology.  NeoCore's
products allow organizations to rapidly respond to changing
business requirements by eliminating costly database development
time and by enabling the creation of "adaptable applications" -
business applications that easily adapt to heterogeneous and
ever-changing data sets. NeoCore is funded by Baker Capital and
Soundview Technology Group. The company was founded in 1997 and is
headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado. For more information,
call (719) 576-9780 or visit www.neocore.com.
##
Editor's note: Please send NeoCore inquiries to Marketing
Communications Department, NeoCore Inc., 2864 S. Circle Drive,
Suite 1200, Colorado Springs, CO, 80906.