announce message

Subject: Arbortext Announces Partnership with CAC Corporation; Leading Japanese IT Provider

Arbortext Announces Partnership with CAC Corporation; Leading Japanese
IT Provider

ANN ARBOR, Michigan and TOKYO, Japan, September 29, 2004 -- Arbortext,
Inc., the leading provider of Enterprise Publishing software, today
announced it has entered into a reseller partnership with CAC
Corporation (TSE: 4725), Japan's leading integrated IT services
provider.  CAC Corporation will work with Arbortext to provide sales,
professional services and technical support for Arbortext publishing
applications targeted at Japan's pharmaceutical and financial markets.

Pharmaceutical organizations create and deliver information to support
the product lifecycle, from drug discovery to regulatory approval
through consumer packaging.  Using Arbortext, these organizations are
able to slash costs associated with creating and publishing the
information while also reducing the time to market for new products.

Financial institutions must create and deliver customized information,
such as financial reports and insurance policies, to address each
customer's unique requirements.  Using Arbortext, these institutions are
able to improve customer satisfaction - achieving the unique combination
of reducing costs while also gaining a competitive advantage.

"We are honored to be working with Arbortext," said Hisashi Takahashi,
Director, Medical & Pharmaceutical Systems Business Unit for CAC
Corporation.  "Arbortext understands the importance of providing
customers with localized support, and we will do that by extending the
company's support to new and existing customers.  Our professional
sales, services and technical teams will also work very closely with
Arbortext to build and implement market awareness programs that
highlight the importance of XML-based enterprise publishing,
strengthening our market leadership positions."

"I am delighted to begin working with such a well-known and reputable
company," said Graham Freeman, Vice President of Worldwide Channel
Partnerships for Arbortext.  "CAC Corporation has the technology and
people to help build Japan as one of our top five international markets.
Their reputation is putting the customer first is very important to us,
and I have no doubt we will see great success in this region.  This is
the beginning of a long-term relationship that I believe will greatly
benefit both of our companies."

About CAC Corporation
CAC Corporation (TSE: 4725) is a leading Japanese integrated IT services
provider that specializes in the analysis, planning, design,
development, implementation, installation, operation and maintenance of
information systems. Delivering excellent system and services with its
cutting edge technologies, CAC practices its customer first philosophy.

Since its foundation in 1966 as Japan's earliest independent software
developer, CAC has been serving its customers in a wide range of areas
including the financial, pharmaceutical, medical, and consumer packaged
goods industries.
CAC is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, with operations in New York,
London and Shanghai, having sales of 48.4 billion yen in the fiscal year
ended December 2003. To learn more, visit CAC's Web site at
http://www.cac.co.jp/

About Arbortext
Arbortext is the leading provider of Enterprise Publishing Software that
enables organizations to create and automatically publish large amounts
of information, such as technical manuals, pharmaceutical product
information, legal information and software documentation.  Enterprises
around the world use our software to publish in multiple languages to
multiple audiences in multiple hardcopy and electronic output formats.
Arbortext's software is installed at over 1,400 organizations worldwide.

Current customers include American Express Financial Services, Audi,
Boeing, Bombardier, British Aerospace, Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler,
Ericsson Telecom, Ford, General Electric, GM, IBM, International Thomson
Publishing, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel Networks, PeopleSoft, Pfizer, Ricoh,
Sun Microsystems, Toyota, United Airlines, Volkswagen and Volvo.
Arbortext is a founding member and active participant in both the XML
Activity of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the Organization for
the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS).
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, Arbortext has offices around
the world. For more information, please visit www.arbortext.com.