arip message

Subject: Re: [arip] ARIP Bi-Weekly Meeting Minutes 10.08.15

Minutes:

1. Roll Call, announce new members, and regrets.

Attendees:

  • Rhonda Truitt
  • Sally Martir
  • Greg Babb
  • Farhad Patel
  • Scott Hudson
  • Scott Simmons

Regrets:

  • Joann Hackos
  • Charles Cooper
  • Ray Gallon
  • Alex Tusa

2. Volunteer for minute taking

  • Scott Hudson

3. News, stuff to share, questions for the committee, etc.

  • MadCap Flare v11 supposed to allow input of AR?

  • Do we want to form a subteam for vendor outreach (to understand features/capabilities)?
  • Apple rumored to be considering smart rings for possible AR/VR gesturing
  • Do we want to encourage VR community to join our efforts?
    • Possible overlap in Ux and other areas that could benefit both AR/VR
  • Farhad report on TC UK: ~150 participants from all over Europe. Took handouts (same as from CIDM Best Practices) to "Fringe event". 30 minutes to present the Huawei AR demo and the ARIP efforts. Genuine interest and lots of comments, especially on the software and training scenarios. Comment: AR will be especially useful in training procedures when cost of mistakes or risk are very high.

4. Sub-teams- status, information sharing, requests for assistance:

A. Glossary Sub-Team (Rhonda and Greg)

B. Research Sub-Team (Farhad, Ray, Scott, and Greg)

  • Prepare list of questions for interviews with AR contacts
  • Prepare for consolidating interview feedback/data to report back to ARIP
  • Follow up meeting with Paul Davies and team (Boeing).
  • Ryan Wheeler (Rockwell-Collins) is potential new contact for interviews.

C. Outreach Sub-Team (Scott)

  • Charles speaking at the Content Marketing World Conference. He will be speaking at LocWorld29 in Santa Clara (Oct 14-16). Session is called "Content Strategy in an Augmented Reality World". Also on a panel entitled "Smart Products and Connected Devices Require Intelligent Localized Content".

  • Farhad has an article that is almost ready for review. AREA website and for CIDM Newsletter.
  • Rhonda/Farhad presenting webinar on 15OCT2015.
  • Farhad presenting at TC UK in 29Sept-3Oct (Ray said to check with David Farby on getting an additional slot or area to talk about ARIP).
  • Scott and Rhonda article for CIDM Newsletter submitted. Likely for December issue.
  • Ray speaking at: Euro IA in Madrid (Info Architect audience), Finland Technical Communication Society summit in Oct.
  • Scott to try to get a Birds of a Feather table and demo space for DITA Europe.
  • Some proposals from Rhonda/Farhad submitted for STC Summit 2016 in May ("Tech Comm Revolutionized")

5. Liaisons- status, information sharing, requests for assistance:

  • European Tech Comm / STC (Ray) - nothing new to report.
  • OGC (Scott S.) - no new reports (still recovering from last meeting), expect new whitepapers soon for review.
  • Other AR Groups (Christine)

6. Action status from prior weeks

7. Other business

  • Continued: Need to identify milestones and roadmap. Farhad and Rhonda to pull together an initial draft for review.

8. Adjourn

  • Next meeting in 2 weeks (22 OCT 2015).

Thanks and best regards,

Scott Hudson
Senior Consultant
Comtech Services Inc.