avdl message

Subject: AVDL Meeting Agenda for 8-28

All,

The next meeting of the AVDL subcommittee is scheduled for today, August
28th, at 4:00 EST.  The dial in number and participant code are:

Bridge Number: 309-495-0759
Participant code: 2401682

The agenda is:
4:00 - 4:05  Roll call and Approve minutes from August 14th meeting
4:05 - 4:10  Review action items
4:10 - 4:45  Review the progress on the spec proposal.  Specifically discuss
the finer details that have been identified.  These details are:
	- The ecosystem's high level view:
	    - What are the participants in AVDL exchanges (sources, destinations,
purposes, needs for special AVDL provisions)?
		 - We are currently focus on scanner-to-remedial systems.  Are there
others to consider?
	    - Which of those participants, if any, is the "master" setting run time
parameters?
	- Are going to include request/response (large) bodies in the AVDL file?
	    - Are we going to allow that at all, or some of the time (optional), or
always required?
	- Are we going to include in the AVDL file:
	    - "pre-parsed" structure (like name-value pairs for the HTTP headers)
or
 	    - just the binary "images" that the AVDL consumer can parse based on
the appropriate protocol rules, or
	    - stylized mini-language as shown in an earlier example?
	    - perhaps, some combination of the above?
	- Should an AVDL file contain scanner's expectations of an individual
probe's outcome?
	    - If so should we allow a scanner to have "no particular expectation"
option?
          - Alternatively, we could have AVDL carry a "rationale" for trying
a particular probe with the final judgment left for down stream systems.
4:45 - 4:50  Review Current Schedule.  What is due when.
5:00         Adjourn

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/avdl/members/leave_workgroup.ph

Regards,

Kevin Heineman
Vice President of Engineering