avdl message

Subject: Network Magazine Advocates AVDL Adoption

All,

Momentum is building for AVDL from all circles. In addition to dozens of news articles written on the standard, Network Magazine is running a major user petition on their home page urging customers to voice their support for AVDL and WAS (a related classification standard).

Network Magazine recently reported on AVDL and the importance it will play in making security interoperability a reality. Network Magazine feels interoperability is so important to network and security managers, they’ve put together a petition to help make users’ voices heard. The petition is posted on the publication’s homepage and instructs readers, “If you think either or both of these standards will be important to your company’s future security acquisitions, let the vendor community know by signing our petition.”

The publication plans to take the results of the petition back to the vendor community to advocate for broad adoption of the standard. Having a well-respected publication like Network Magazine advocate for implementation of standards like AVDL gives our committee the large “megaphone” we need to make sure our message is heard.

We need your help to make this a success! Please take a minute to sign Network Magazine’s petition and distribute it to other companies and end users you know who would like to see application security product interoperability become an industry-wide reality. We also have a logo available that you can post to your website to let visitors know about AVDL and encourage them to sign the petition. Please let us know if you’d like a copy of it.

Sign the Petition (requires registration): http://www.networkmagazine.com/watchdog/avdl.jhtml;jsessionid=PP1PAE2FFIVMGQSNDBCSKHY

Regards,

Kevin