avdl message

Subject: Re: [avdl] Adding more protection to AVDL?

Ivan and all,

> Basically I think extending AVDL to export protection
> rules (in portable web application firewall rule format)
> is a really good idea. Vulnerability scanners can be
> equipped with protection rules for known vulnerabilities,
> or can design a set of filters on the fly.

I am not often that slow, but I just realized that I also have interest in
that. I was analyzing some web attack classes and possible matching
protection measures for some project (with questions like:  can NIPS
protect against SQL injection? Can web application hardening stop XSS?
etc)

It looks like it is pretty hard to relate them and AVDL can help, if
extended in that direction.

Best,
--
Anton Chuvakin, Ph.D., GCIA, GCIH
Author of "Security Warrior" from O'Reilly - http://www.securitywarrior.com

** netForensics has  scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content. **