bcm message

Subject: Re: [bcm] Project QuickStart

Bruce,

You forgot to add 1 day up front for figuring out
what all the boxes in the Quick Start plan mean,
and then another 1 day for hiring someone to
keep track of it all for the team!

I noticed that ICHnet have their SAIL work out
for review again.  Seems to me that this kinda
planning and facilititation aspects is a large
part of that work too - how to run a project.

In the past we've tended to put this stuff in an
Appendix or reference out to it - as these are
really generic project management tools -
rather than formal parts of a technology
specification.   And different projects
require different management approaches.
If you are trying to foster innovation the
last thing you need is your engineers
filling out time cards and project plans
and attending status meetings all day
long!

Here's the reference to SAIL below.

DW