bcm message

Subject: Re: [bcm] Fw: [wsbpel] UPES?

Sally,

I wonder what MS Word tools there are to scan an tease out non-common words?

Would be nice to quickly build a technical list of words in this way as a start point...

DW.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 11:55 AM

David

That would be one type of a candidate for the glossary.

Others would be – what is interoperability, portability…? In addition to definitions a thesaurus that provides synonyms would help in avoiding conversational loops.

Also in defining words, recognizing those that have nuances that affect the work of creating standards. Implementation, I see as being on a continuum. One end abuts the abstract level the other end can be touched, demonstrated and aggrandized.

Even when the goal, and TC charter, is to develop standards that are abstract, it may be necessary to cross the boundary into implementation to insure that the design is properly reflected. As is under discussion currently on one of TCs of which I am a member.

As I said previously as we move more into the intersection of business and technology, and need the different perspectives of the various representatives from these areas, we will need a basis in order to communicate more effectively and efficiently.

I believe the focus should be on communicating among ourselves, the standards developers. This will ultimately benefit the clients for whom this work is being developed.

Sally

David RR Webber <david@drrw.info> wrote:
I think this highlights the problem Sally was mentioning on todays call!

DW.