bcm message

Subject: Final review: The Open Group SOA Ontology

If we can agree that the concept definitions (e.g. Registry) of the Open Group SOA Ontology are appropriate for the TC domain I will reference them in the ONION ontology which includes BCM layering and Business Centric 'Service Governance' and ITSM notions.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/ONION/reference/onionCPLv1.owl

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Harding <c.harding@opengroup.org>
Date: Jul 15, 2008 9:27 AM
Subject: The Open Group SOA Ontology
To: semantic-web@w3.org, www-ws@w3.org

Hi -

For some time now, The Open Group has been developing a formal ontology for SOA. We made an early version available for comment by W3C members over a year ago. We have now reached the stage where we believe that it is almost complete, and are exposing it to outside bodies for review and comment prior to its final review within The Open Group.

The ontology is a formal OWL ontology, but the draft also includes extensive heuristic explanations of its concepts. We believe that it complements work on OWL-S and WSMO, in that it includes a compatible concept of "Service" and relates this to concepts in other areas, including Enterprise Architecture and Business Process Modeling.

The draft is publicly available at http://www.opengroup.org/projects/soa-ontology/doc.tpl?gdid=16940  We would very much appreciate your input, not only on the relation of this work to OWL-S and WSMO, but on all aspects that are of interest to you. We will address comments received at this stage before creating the draft for final Open Group review. I therefore invite you to review the draft, and to send me comments on it.

Regards,

Chris
++++

Dr. Christopher J. Harding
Forum Director for SOA and Semantic Interoperability
THE OPEN GROUP
Thames Tower, 37-45 Station Road, Reading RG1 1LX, UK
Mailto:c.harding@opengroup.org Phone (mobile): +44 774 063 1520
http://www.opengroup.org
The Open Group Conference & Member Meeting
Featuring the 19th Enterprise Architecture Practitioners Conference
InterContinental Hotel, Chicago, USA, July 21-25, 2008
http://www.opengroup.org/chicago2008/
TOGAF is a trademark of The Open Group

--
Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
co-Chair (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC