bias-comment message

Subject: RE: [bias-comment] Remarks on BIAS.wsdl

Title: Message

Christophe –

Thank you for your comments.  After investigating, we have found that we had written our WSDL/schema based on a draft revision to the CBEFF standard, assuming that it would be in place by the time of publication.  However, at the January meeting of ISO/IEC JTC1 SC37 WG2, it was decided that rather than issuing a corrigenda, a revision project for ISO/IEC 19785-3 would be initiated.  This will delay publication of the updated schema for the CBEFF XML Patron Format.

As a result, at our 1 June meeting, we decided to postpone the vote on moving the BIAS SOAP Profile to Committee Specification until this could be resolved.  We further decided that, due to the time delay, rather than referencing the existing CBEFF XML Patron Format, we will create a “BIAS Patron Format” as an annex to the BIAS SOAP Profile. (Creation of patron formats is as per the provisions of ISO/IEC 19785-1.)  We hope to have this available soon as CSD04.

Thank you for discovering this issue.

Best regards,

Cathy Tilton

Chair, OASIS BIAS TC

From: Christophe CANDELA [mailto:christophe.candela@id3.eu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:11 AM
To: bias-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [bias-comment] Remarks on BIAS.wsdl

Hi,

I am trying to implement the BIAS using Java on the server side and C# on the client side.

I am using the 'BIAS.wsdl' file found here : http://docs.oasis-open.org/bias/soap-profile/v1.0/csprd02/BIAS.wsdl

I have also created the referenced 'cbeff.xsd' file from the following standard : ISO/IEC 19785-3:2007 FDAM 1:2009 - Support for additional data elements.

I found that some definitions in the BIAS.wsdl are not consistent with the CBEFF XML schema. It includes the following :

    - MultipleTypesType => Multiple-types

    - SubtypeType => Subtype

    - BIRInfoType => BIR-info

    - BDBInfoType => BDB-info

    - SBInfoType => SB-info

    - BIRType => BIR

    - QualityType => Quality

With the corrected BIAS.wsdl, the class generation in Java and C# is working fine.

Regards,

Christophe Candela

Biometrics R&D Manager
id3 Semiconductors