bias message

Subject: BIAS use cases

Cathy,

  Here are two use cases I put together.  Please let me know if this is
the direction you want me to go with this. I will be on the call
tomorrow.  However, I will only be able to be on for an hour.

  Have a good one, Ed.

                                Use cases high level.

1.User logs into his local client computer.  The user then launches a
web browser and enters a url of a protected resource.  The resource
requires user name, password, and biometrics  (finger print) for
authentication.  The resource does authentication locally or the
resource redirects the user to a authentication authority.  User enters
user name and password for 1st factor of the authentication process.
Then the user is asked to pass biometric data:

A. The biometric data is passed via a USB/serial device on the client
computer.
B. The biometric data is passed via a device with an IP address.
C. The biometric template is stored on local device, the user manusha
data is collected and both are passed for match.

  The requested resource uses the data for to authenticate or deny
authentication of the user.

2.User logs into his local client computer.  The user then launches a
web browser and enters a url of a protected resource.  The resource
requires user name, password, and biometrics  (finger print) for
authentication.  The resource does authentication locally or the
resource redirects the user to a authentication authority.  User enters
user name and password for 1st factor of the authentication process.
Then the user is asked to pass biometric data:

A. The biometric data is passed via a USB/serial device on the client
computer.
B. The biometric data is passed via a device with an IP address.
C. The biometric template is stored on local device, the user manusha
(sp) data is collected and both are passed for match.

The requested resource uses the data to authenticate the user.  The user
now wants to authenticate to a resource on another domain.  The user
points the web browser to the URL, the resource requires user name,
password and biometrics for authentication.  The user data is passed
from the authenticated domain to the current resource for authentication
on that domain. The current domains authentication mechanism
authenticates or denies the users credentials.