bias message

Subject: Reminders!

BIAS colleagues –

I wanted to draw your attention to the following:

1)     Comments are solicited on the current versions of the BIAS Messaging Protocol and associated WSDL.  Both are posted on the TC documents page.  Comments are needed by 18 October 2006 to be addressed in the next revision, which will be posted on 25 October and discussed at the 1 November telecon meeting.  In particular, inputs/feedback in the following areas are needed:

a.      Error handling/fault messages

b.      Security

c.      Namespace

2)     Additional use cases are solicited (see email archive for previous submissions).  Use cases should be documented using the Use Case Template (posted on the TC documents page.)

3)     At the 21 September meeting, it was suggested that shorter, but more frequent telecon meetings might help us progress the work faster.  There are pro’s and con’s to this, of course.  We are soliciting your feedback on this suggestion.

4)     At the BCC2006 conference, a session on “Biometrics, XML, and Web services” was held.  I was asked to provide the link to the presentations that were made at that session:  http://www.biometrics.org/bc2006/program.htm, see Thu, 21 Sep, Track 3).  These presentations drew a fair amount of interest and resulted in several guests attending the subsequent BIAS TC meeting.

I’d like to encourage more active participation from all of you in our work – both to accelerate our progress and to produce a better work product.

Regards,

Cathy Tilton

Chair, BIAS Integration TC

Catherine J. Tilton