bias message

Subject: Security Webinar

As I mentioned during our last meeting, OASIS is hosting a week of security webinars and our TC will be participating.  Originally scheduled for the week of 24 May, they have been rescheduled for the week of 11 June.  Each TC will be assigned a day and will put on a 1-hour webinar covering their topic.  2-3 speakers are recommended (15-20 minutes each, + questions).  We have requested either 14 or 15 June at 10 or 11 am (intent is to pick a time most amenable to a variety of time zones).

I have submitted the abstract below.  So far, myself and Guy Swope have signed up to participate (speak).

Title:  Biometric Security - Roles & Resources

Abstract:  Biometric technology is carving out its place in the security arena - IT security, national security, and otherwise.  This seminar provides a brief overview of this interesting new technology and discusses its role in the broader security landscape.  It also addresses the emerging Biometric Identity Assurance Services (BIAS) standard and how this supports the use of biometrics within a services-oriented environment.

A detailed outline is in progress.  If anyone else in the TC would like to be involved, please let me know as soon as possible.  Also, feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Cathy Tilton

Chair

Catherine J. Tilton