bias message

Subject: Call for Editor - BIAS Messaging Protocol

BIAS TC participants -

Our current editors, Ash Parikh and Murty Gurajada, find themselves in an extremely busy period and feel it best if they relinquished their editorial duties to someone who can devote more time to contributing to and editing the document (though they've expressed a willingness to assist where/when needed).  Therefore, we are issuing this call for project/technical editor for the BIAS Messaging Protocol document.

The content of this document is based on the operations and data elements defined in the sister BIAS document developed by INCITS which is nearing the approval stage.  The OASIS document takes that and provides the Web services bindings, WSDL, and related infrastructure/supporting information to enable its implementation and use in a Web services/SOA environment.

We have many biometrics experts in our groups, but the editor of this document needs to have a strong Web services background.

If you are interested in serving in this position, or know someone who is, please reply to cathy.tilton@daon.com.  I am also available to answer any questions you may have regarding the duties of the editor.  I'm sure Ash and Murty would also be glad to fill you in on any questions you may have for them as well and to assist during the transition period.

Our next meeting is scheduled for 13 June, so responses are solicted before then, if possible.

We have fallen a bit behind where I hoped we would be at this point, so an editor is a critical need for us to be able to progress the document forward.

Regards,
Cathy Tilton
Chair, BIAS TC
703-472-5546