bias message

Subject: Discussion list for evaluating the interest in forming a BiometricWeb Services TC

BIAS Colleagues:

After extensive discussions with OASIS representatives, it has been recommended that we create a new OASIS TC discussion group. This would be a publicly subscribable discussion list for evaluating the interest in proposing a new OASIS TC for biometric web services.

I am attaching a draft request for the creation of this discussion list. If you would like to be listed as a proposer, please let me know (either directly via e-mail or via the BIAS list itself if you prefer). I will need your name, e-mail address, and OASIS affiliation (individual or organization). Your support as a proposer indicates your interest in the discussion of the proposal of the new TC. The charter and scope of the TC itself would be part of this ongoing discussion.

Based on OASIS requirements and to best coincide with BCC 2010, I plan to submit the request ‘formally’ to OASIS at the ‘close of business,’ September 10th.  (The discussion list is only open for 90 days, and it would be good to maximize the amount of time that the list is open.)

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to adding new names to the list!

--

Ross J. Micheals

http://www.nist.gov/cgi-bin/wwwph/cso.nist.gov?Query=Ross+Micheals

OASIS TC Discussion List Proposal.pdf