bias message

Subject: Stop the presses

BIAS TC –

I have been notified by IBIA that due to an administrative error, the patron format owner (biometric organization) value assigned to OASIS (as used within the BIAS CBEFF XML Patron Format) was duplicately assigned and we therefore need to change our value from 0x0051 to 0x0052.  This affects line 4377 (clause B.2) of the BIAS SOAP Profile CSD05 that we recently approved and is in the queue for public review.  [Note – it does NOT affect our WSDL or XSD.]  As this is not on the list of allowable changes, we must update the doc to CSD06 and re-vote on the document.

Therefore, I would like to call a very brief emergency meeting of the BIAS TC to approve this change.  I am targeting Thursday morning, 4 August, at 8:30 am Eastern Time for this call, assuming we expect to have sufficient voting members present.  Please let me know ASAP if you are able/unable to participate.  I expect the meeting to last 10 minutes only.

I plan to have the updated zip file posted by tomorrow at the latest.

The good news is that due to the queue at TC Admin, our requests have not yet been processed and if we can deal with this expeditiously, we will not lose our place in that queue.  Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Cathy Tilton

Chair, BIAS TC

Catherine J. Tilton, CBP

VP, Standards & Emerging Technologies

Daon

11955 Freedom Drive, Suite 16000

Reston, VA  20190

703-984-4080

Fax: 703-984-4099

Cell: 703-472-5546 (preferred)

cathy.tilton@daon.com

www.daon.com

Daon - your trusted identity partner

Daon COTS products have been selected to secure more than 460 million identities around the world, enabling delivery of innovative solutions while reducing schedule time, risk and cost. Call us today to learn why the world’s largest economies count on Daon!