bias message

Subject: Closure of the BIAS TC

BIAS Colleagues –

At our last meeting on 22 January, we voted to close the BIAS TC.  We completed our deliverables, are declaring victory, and moving on the next new thing!

I want to thank all who participated and contributed to the publication of the BIAS SOAP Profile as an OASIS standard.  This was possible due to your inputs, reviews, and encouragement.  In particular, I’d like to thank the chief editors – Matt Swayze and Kevin Mangold – each of whom, during their tenure, provided the hard work and leadership needed to get us there.

I hope that now that the standard exists, you will each work within your respective organizations, and others you may work with, towards adoption of the standard – that is, actually implementing it in products and systems!

I should mention that Chet has informed us that the BIAS TC documents will remain available and accessible in archive.  Also, note that the minutes of our final meeting have now been posted (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=48656&wg_abbrev=bias).

The next phase for biometric web services is being taken up by the new Biometrics TC which held its first meeting in February.  I would encourage you, as our work finishes, to consider joining the new TC (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=biometrics).  The Biometrics TC will be taking over maintenance responsibility for the BIAS SOAP Profile and for initiating any other BIAS related project (REST Profile , perhaps?), as well as other biometrics related projects.

I wish everyone the best and look forward to continue working with you in the new TC.

Regards,

Cathy Tilton

Chair, BIAS TC