Subject: Mark Ford's PRD 2 Comments

Hi,

Mark Ford (who used to work for Active Endpoints) has submitted a number of PRD 2 comments that we'll need to decide what to do with. No other PRD 2 comments were received, see:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/bpel4people-comment/201003/maillist.html

Technically, PRD comments should only be offered on the portions of the spec that changed from the previous PRD (see http://tinyurl.com/y9d2u9r ). However the TC process does not constrain a TC from making "substantive changes" after any public review as long as the TC is willing to conduct another PRD cycle for any substantive change. A substantive change is one that "would require a compliant application or implementation to be modified or rewritten in order to remain compliant".

I believe it is true that several of Mark's comments technically fall outside the scope of permissible PRD 2 review comments. However I suggest that we first review Mark's comments to see if they would constitute material improvements before rejecting them on that basis.

If folks agree with this suggestion then I would like to seek a volunteer to review Mark's comments with a goal of reporting (recommending) to the 3/31 TC which of Mark's comments should be opened as issues and/or if they are meritorious enough to warrant a PRD 3.

Comments / suggestions / volunteers?

P.S. Mark has told myself and Luc that his review is complete - no more comments forthcoming.

Regards, Dave Ings,
Emerging Software Standards
Email: ings@ca.ibm.com
Yahoo Messenger: dave_ings