bt-interop message

Subject: Re: [BTP: Interop] Introduction

Mark,

Thanks for this introduction. I agree that creating an interop demo should be
the main activity.

My concern is that the timescale is too tight. Could I suggest that we draw on
one of the use-cases being collected by the models sub-cttee to create a
standard demonstration case, discuss this choice by mail/phone calls in the next
three weeks, and make a decision at the May F2F?

In addition, two factors I would like to understand. Which participants in the
TC are planning to implement? From statements at various meetings I would guess
at least BEA, HP, Talking Blocks and Choreology. Who is prepared to commit to an
interop demo by July?

Second, the issue of an agreed messaging carrier/binding is critical to interop.
My guess is that ebXML Messaging is too recent to be easily available in the
timescales mooted in your mail, and this suggests SOAP (which SOAP?). This
obviously trespasses on the work of the messaging group, but here's a good place
to raise the issue anyway.

Yours,

Alastair

"Mark A. Hale" wrote:

> I would like to welcome you to the interoperability and conformance
> sub-group for BTP.  I wanted us to get settled into the other groups before
> getting started.
>
> I believe our charter is to:
>
>         The Interoperability and Conformance Sub-Group will work in BTP to
>         develop and apply a test suite that validates that independently
>         developed peers can interoperate using BTP.  Consideration
>         will be given to verifying compliance with other protocols in
>         which BTP will interface.
>
> I would like to suggest that we plan to do an interoperability demonstration
> at the last f2f meeting.  What I have in mind is:
>
>         - Members of BTP submit possible implementation scenarios
>                 Cutoff date:  6/12
>         - Members of BTP/Interop select scenarios in which
>           multiple vendors can participate in the interop test
>                 Selection:  During 6/18 European meeting
>         - Interoperability test
>                 Date:  7/18-19 F2F
>                 Feedback to BTP
>
> I believe that the 7/18-19 F2F will leave room for us to provide feedback in
> time for OASIS requirements.
>
> I would like a volunteer to help with the conformance aspects.
>
> This is a starting point.  Please feel free to add to the discussion.
>
> Below is my full contact information if you need anything.
>
>         Thanks!
>
>         Mark
>
> ------------------------------------
> INTERWOVEN,INC.
> Enterprise Class Content Management
>
> Mark A. Hale, Ph.D., P.E.
> Standards Architect
> (408) 220-7483 work
> (408) 774-2002 fax
> mark.hale@interwoven.com
>
> Visit http://www.interwoven.com
> Moving Business to the Web
> -------------------------------------
begin:vcard
n:Green;Alastair J.
tel;cell:+44 795-841 2107
tel;fax:+44 207-670 1785
tel;work:+44 207-670 1780
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.choreology.com
org:Choreology Ltd
adr:;;13 Austin Friars;London;;EC2N 2JX;England
version:2.1
email;internet:alastair.green@choreology.com
title:Managing Director
fn:Alastair J. Green