bt-models message

Subject: Re: New state tables

>> > There is no longer a VOTE with different values, but just READY. If the
>> > inferior ever determines that it is going to cancel, it sends
CANCELLED,
>> > whether before (and instead of) sending READY, after sending
(=heuristic
>> or
>> > expired participant timeout) or in response to CANCEL.
>>
>> Do I have to boxcar now in order to get the equivalent of a readonly
vote?

> No, you send RESIGN. "before (and instead of) sending READY" is really
> "before (and instead of) sending READY or CANCEL".
>
> If RESIGN is sent before PREPARE is received, it asks for a response; if
> sent after it does not ask for a resonse.

It's not the same thing though, since RESIGN appears to have to be sent
prior to PREPARE. If RESIGN is a valid response to PREPARE as well, then
that's fine. If it isn't then I have a problem with you removing the vote
types. BTW, I haven't seen any discussion about this on the mailing lists,
so was it discussed anywhere outside of Choreology?

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little (mark@arjuna.com)
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Phone +44 191 2064538