Subject: Some sequence diagrams

To support the protocol model (or outline) sent out by Alastair 2 days ago,
I'm sending some sequence diagrams that (are supposed to) use the same
terminology.   The diagrams include both the protocol exchanges themselves
(identified by capital letters in the message names) and explanatory "api"
level messages. In the cases where there is only one atom, I've let the
client manipulate the atom directly. In the one example where there are two
atoms, there is an additional actor, the composer, which deals with the set
of atoms. One could put a composer in all the other diagrams too, but it
would effectively act as a pass-through (with some differences in the early
prepare case, perhaps).

The diagrams have some significant imperfections:

I can't make the drawing program suppress the () after all the message names

The use of activation bars is a bit random.

Nevertheless, they should help illustrate some points - in particular
showing some of the range of things possible with the same underlying
protocol.

See (some of) you on Tuesday. I've just acquired the tri-band phone shown
below, so I should be contactable from around 7pm Monday.

Peter

Peter Furniss
Choreology Ltd

email:  peter.furniss@choreology.com