Subject: Revised model, scope, terminology document

The attached is a revision of the main models document, based on Alastair's
earlier one with the incorporation of the results of the face-to-face last
week.  It is still a draft (editor's notes marked in boxes), with a couple
of areas where I'm not sure/haven't got round to sorting out.

We don't seem to make clear the number of potential "internal" actors there
may be on the client side - at various times we have distinguished:
	the application entity that decides "I'd like to start a new atom"
	the entity that issues application messages augmented with the context
(thus propagating the transaction)
	the entity that decides "let's try to finish this cohesion, and thus the
atoms of it"
	the application(-ish) entity that decides which atoms of the cohesion are
to be confirmed
	the system entity that makes sure those atoms are confirmed

None of those are the (atom) coordinator. The first is unambiguously the
initiator, and the last is the composer. But there is no necessity for the
others to be the same thing, and they may not even be co-located.  Currently
we seem to be calling the first 4 "initiator".

Peter

Peter Furniss
Technical Director, Choreology Ltd
email:  peter.furniss@choreology.com