Subject: Re: agenda

Pal,

I have some proposals for the agenda for the F2F, for discussion at this
week's teleconference.

Broadly I feel that the NJ meeting should split into two main parts:
model/protocol in the morning/over lunch, and messaging in the
afternoon, with a final wrap up point on how to move to a draft spec/any
other procedural stuff.

Within this division I would propose that we isolate known discussion
topics into separate agenda points, to keep focus and make concrete
progress.

Part A: Model and Protocol

1. Any outstanding issues on terminology
2. Interposition (if it's still a live issue)
3. Participant timeouts
4. Cohesion composition (nesting etc)
5. Implicit prepare
6. Failure recovery and message redirection
7. Protocol messages, contents and contracts

Part B: Messaging

1. Carrier protocol independence and implications for addressing etc
2. Schema for protocol messages
3. Content of context, augmentation/infection
4. Boxcarring (concatenation of multiple protocol messages)
5. Mapping to SOAP? to ebXML? to XP? to ?

Part C: Brief to other sub-cttees:

1. Spec sub-cttee -- how to get to a draft spec for London face-to-face
meeting in June
2. Other sub-cttees: security, workflow, interop. What output needed
when?

I believe it would be useful if the TC chair could confirm the current
membership status so that no-one inadvertently drops out of the legal
voters list, and the like.

Alastair

Mark Little wrote:

> As suggested on last Thursday's teleconference we need an agenda for
> next weeks face-to-face. Can we discuss this via email and on this
> Thursday's
> teleconference? Mark. ----------------------------------------------
> Dr. Mark Little (mark@arjuna.com)
> Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
> Phone +44 191 2064538
> Fax   +44 191 2064203
begin:vcard
n:Green;Alastair
tel;cell:+44 795 841 2107
tel;fax:+44 207 670 1785
tel;work:+44 207 670 1780
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.choreology.com
org:Choreology Ltd
version:2.1
email;internet:alastair.green@choreology.com
title:Managing Director
adr;quoted-printable:;;13 Austin Friars=0D=0A;London;;EC2N 2JX;
fn:Alastair Green
end:vcard