Subject: Re: interposition

> I agree. Still, it will be valuable if the specification produces, even
> in the form of notes, indication of how an implementation should behave.
> Alastair's comments phrase it better in the form of an expected behavior
> from the interposing participant, giving leverage to multiple
> implementations that are consistent with the expected behavior.

Absolutely true. In general email discussions should not be transferred
directly to the specification.

> I definitely missed most of it. Is there any strong reason why a Web
> service should be prevented from interposing? Does that argument extend
> to all participants used by that service, or only to a select portion
> (which the coordinator can nodoubtly name)?

I haven't heard a really good argument yet for disallowing interposition.
But that doesn't mean there isn't one out there.

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little (mark@arjuna.com)
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Phone +44 191 2064538