Subject: Re: Minutes of 17 May FTF, Mt. Laurel

I would certainly welcome a slightly earlier start.

* * *

There is one addendum to the minutes:

Alex Berson (Entrust) asked for a review of the voting status of the
attendees. The chair stated that everyone except Ed Felt (for whom this was
the first meeting) is a voting member in good standing, based on the rule of
attendance at the inaugural meeting, and the rule that members must not miss
more than three out of four face-to-face meetings (in person or by phone).

Note also that no binding decision was taken at the meeting other than
unanimously.

* * *

This discussion raises the fact that if members of the TC do not attend two
out of three meetings (in our case, San Jose, Boston, Mt Laurel) then the
chair should send them warnings, such that non-attendance at the London
meeting will cause their membership to lapse. This seems reasonable for
inactive companies/individuals who have only attended the San Jose meeting,
for example. The name Microsoft springs to mind. Votes (as opposed to
participation/observation) from such  passive members would be inappropriate,
it seems to me.

* * *

Last formal point: can we clarify the position of chair at the next
face-to-face meeting? According to OASIS rules it would appear that no formal
decision has been made on who is the chair of the TC, which leaves Rocky in
that role by default, which has not been the reality. On general grounds, and
in order to clean up our act for standard adoption processing, we should sort
this out. (I should make it very clear: I have no complaint or problem
whatsoever with the work of the acting chair, Pal. His efforts are greatly
appreciated.)

Sorry to go on about this kind of housekeeping, but it would be good not to
get into long-winded negotations with the OASIS board on technicalities later
down the line.

Alastair

Mark Little wrote:

> I don't have a problem with a 4 hour teleconference, but I would like to
> suggest that the times work to try to accomodate everyone rather than just
> the west coast if it's going to be that long. How about 7am-11am?
>
> Mark.

> Dr. Mark Little (mark@arjuna.com)
> Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
> Phone +44 191 2064538
> Fax   +44 191 2064203
begin:vcard
n:Green;Alastair
tel;cell:+44 795 841 2107
tel;fax:+44 207 670 1785
tel;work:+44 207 670 1780
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.choreology.com
org:Choreology Ltd
version:2.1
email;internet:alastair.green@choreology.com
title:Managing Director
adr;quoted-printable:;;13 Austin Friars=0D=0A;London;;EC2N 2JX;
fn:Alastair Green
end:vcard