Subject: Re: Coordinator timeouts (was Re: Managers, addressses and the like)

 The minutes recorded the decisions of the meeting. As you admit, no such decision
was taken. I have no intention of capturing your every thought for posterity when
taking minutes of a working body.

If you want a stenographic record, please feel free to get HP to pay for the court
recorder. I wish you luck.

Alastair

> > The minutes from Mt Laurel are accurate. The decision concerned
> > participant timeouts, and is accurately recorded. The point that you
> > raised there on participant timeouts, which was agreed to, is also
> > recorded, namely that the PREPARE can be qualified with a "minimum upper
> > bound" on the participant timeout, sent from the Coordinator to the
> > Participant.
> >
> > There was no decision or concrete proposal about coordinator timeouts.
> > It was mentioned in discussion, but mentioning things doesn't make them
> > decisions, nor did the minutes attempt to record every issue that was
> > mentioned.
>
> I disagree. Your minutes are inaccurate. Simply because you did not make a
> note of it does not mean that the discussion did not take place. It did, and
> it was about propagating coordinator timeouts to subcoordinators.
>
> > Every thing I minuted as agreed was read over to the meeting
> > before a vote was taken, and before I noted it, sometimes verbatim,
> > sometimes very close to verbatim when we hadn't arrived at the
> > absolutely precise wording.
>
> I think that it certainly was not an officially voted-on decision, but it
> was discussed and should have been minuted. Apologise for not noting this
> oversight in the minutes earlier.

begin:vcard
n:Green;Alastair J.
tel;cell:+44 795-841 2107
tel;fax:+44 207-670 1785
tel;work:+44 207-670 1780
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.choreology.com
org:Choreology Ltd
adr:;;13 Austin Friars;London;;EC2N 2JX;England
version:2.1
email;internet:alastair.green@choreology.com
title:Managing Director
fn:Alastair J. Green