Subject: Re: State tables

Peter, the state tables look fairly comprehensive, and I haven't had a
chance to read through them in detail, so what I'm about to re-iterate may
be implied in them. About two months ago when we started fleshing out the
BTP I mentioned that a cohesion coordinator, i.e., that entity which decides
to prepare atoms A, B, and C, for example, and then decides to cancel A and
C and confirm B, should make persistent:

(i) information about which atoms it was using that have been prepared.

(ii) what decision it is about to make, i.e., cancel A and C, and confirm B.

This is similar to the role an atom coordinator would play, except that an
atom coordinator simply remembers all of its prepared participants and has
the same decision associated with them all, whereby the cohesion coordinator
potentially has different decisions for each participant atom.

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little (mark@arjuna.com)
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Phone +44 191 2064538