Subject: RE: Revised roles list

> > Based on Tuesday's discussion I believe the Redirector is off the table.
> > Also, Manager became Factory.
>
> That isn't my recollection, unless it happened after I left. We need
> something that plays the role of a redirector.

I don't think we did drop it.  Redirector is a bit like the Resigner and
Enroller roles - it's really only defined by being the origin of the
REDIRECT message. The entity doing the sending could just be left as
anonymous - "the REDIRECT is sent", but it seems easier to say there is such
a role.  But it may not behave as a redirector all the time - some systems
might have a permanent redirector (whose address is given out with priority
> 0) but others might behave as a pass-through communicator normally, but
send redirect when things go wrong. Or a factory might leap in as redirector
when a composer or coordinator moves.

Peter

Peter Furniss
Technical Director, Choreology Ltd