Subject: 5 july conference call

Following were on the 5th July phone conference

Savas Parastatidis, HP
Jim Webber, HP

Peter Furniss, Choreology
Alastair Green, Choreology

James Tauber, Bowstreet
Bill Pope, Bowstreet
Alex Ceponkus, Bowstreet

Gordon Hamilton, Applied Theory

Sanjay Dalal, BEA Systems

Mark Potts, Talking Blocks

We agreed a formal motion:

That the table of contents will be extended to include annexes on the
security requirements (and the future evolution of BTP in that area) and the
relationship of BTP to business process management.

we also discussed (these are incomplete notes)

security:
	- we will put the examination of security *requirements* as an annex of the
document itself (not that the solution will be specified)
	- put the review of current associated work on the website, rather than the
document

ebxml bpss "business transactions"
	- there are distinct scopes (if re-use of terminology)
	- we shouldn't be distracted in our path
	workflow subgroup report will summarise the relationship
	(other protocols don't have a defined termination protocol)

counting prepares
	- key thing is whether we allow change of vote - if not, then prepares
don't need counting
	- change of vote in turn is needed (in extremis ?) because of participant
timeout: which is needed because of the fundamental independence of the
participants in a business transaction.
 Discussion of timescales and scenarios.

 For further email discussion : do we want to keep the change of vote
capability.

Peter

Peter Furniss
Technical Director, Choreology Ltd