Subject: RE: Ed Felt is no more with us...

Sanjay, Sazi, Pal, Fellow BTPers

I am shocked and saddened by the news regarding Ed, he was a man of rare
generosity and integrity and I/we privileged to have spent time with Ed.

Please pass on our respects to his family and friends, he will be sadly
missed.

Regards,
Mark Potts

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjay Dalal [mailto:sanjay@bea.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 12:48 AM
To: BTP mainlist
Cc: jma@bea.com; Rocky Stewart; Sazi Temel; Pal Takacsi-Nagy
Subject: Ed Felt is no more with us...

Fellow BTPers,

I am deeply sad to report that Ed Felt is no more with us. The tragedy in NY
and Washington on 9/11/2001, now yesterday, has taken its toll in BEA. Ed
was a frequent flyer between New Jersey and San Francisco. Yesterday,
unfortunately, he was on board one of the four flights used by those coward
terrorists. He was on flight, United #93, coming to San Francisco from
Newark, New Jersey which was forced to crash somewhere in Pennsylvania,
southeast of Pittsburgh.

He was indeed what he is described in BEA-wide e-mail below. We always
reached him to seek his advice in the areas of transactions and security due
to his in-depth knowledge, expertise and real-world experience in these
areas. I had a privilege to work with him on WebLogic Enterprise product
before BTP. He was also the first to review the Conversation Management
protocol of WebLogic Collaborate.

Needless to say, all of us who worked with Ed in BEA will miss him. It is a
huge loss to BEA and engineering organization in the company. My prayers are
with his family, friends and those who loved him. I wish them strength to
cope up with this tremendous loss.

sadly,
sanjay