Subject: RE: Marketing and publicity

Alastair,

	You are right. A cohesive, consistent, easy to use and standard Java API
would accelerate the prelevant use of the BTP APIs.

	For Java APIs one should go thru the JCP (Java Community Process). One
should initiate a JSR as per http://www.jcp.org/jsr/overview/index.jsp.  I
just initiated one for the OASIS SAML. If you want, we can work on one for
BTP as well. Pl let me know.

	cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: Alastair Green [mailto:alastair.green@choreology.com]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 10:53 AM
To: OASIS BT TC
Subject: Marketing and publicity

In our view the greatest aid to market acceptance of BTP would be a
standardized Java API, which would immediately help intuitive
understanding and remove fear of usage complexity.

The spec addresses the needs of implementers, and not of the user
community, which is inevitable for an interop spec. The likely community
of implementers is narrow, and presumably able to handle the
"complexity".

We view such an API as outside the scope of this OASIS BTP TC, as
currently constituted, and not really the type of thing OASIS
specializes in anyway, I suspect.

Alastair