Subject: Re: [business-transaction] Re: This Thursday's teleconference

I think this bounced first time - problem our end.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 4:45 PM

1) Comprehendible to people that are not tech geniuses :   I am not a transaction god, but have been privy to all the f2f and calls on this spec, however I do get lost occasionally trying to recall just why we decided to do this or that or why the spec dictates this approach. A BTP is a very complex problem and we need to ensure we have suitable "onramp" facilities for people to understand the benefits of this standards in commercial business systems and the potential application to their pain points and opportunities. We also need to be very sure we are answering a real problem people face today from a business perspective not just a technical stance.

A Primer or "Getting Started" guid is a good idea, but should be predicated on the adoption of the specification first.

2) Complete and comprehensive Spec such that we do answer the problem that people are facing today with a lack of transaction support in the web services arena. This needs to be a technical spec and will be hard to understand because BTP answers a difficult and hard problem.

Agreed 110%!
I am really pleased about the JSR because it means we will get something tangible for the second point. My concern has and does surround the first point. Again I am not advocating cutting scope, changing decision, scope or anything else simply when we review the next version lets keep point one in mind as we review.

Thanks for the feedback and clarification - speak to you later today.
All the best,

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs