Subject: Re: [business-transaction] HPs position on BEAs proposal andtheChoreology response

> One compromise can be to produce 2 specifications: BTP - Atoms and BTP -
> Cohesions. And no coupling between the two. This approach is in line with
> the layered protocols design principle. HTTP does not have any special
> coupling with SOAP and vica versa. And that's why we all like and use
them.

Then why not call them Level 1 Compliance, and Level 2 Compliance, for
example? The specification then need not say that in order to use atoms you
need cohesions. As soon as we have two specifications, we have two levels of
conformance anyway. As I said earlier, we are in favour of conformance
profiles, and that's as far as we're prepared to go at this stage.

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Email: mark@arjuna.com | mark_little@hp.com