Subject: [business-transaction] the issue of issues and the forthcoming ftf

Bill,

I will raise this at today's conference call (Alastair will only be on the
call at the beginning - other committments), but I'd like to give you and
others some warning (sorry Californians)

A lot of the issues seem to be fairly straight-forward - there may be a
technical element, but they are just one-line fixes or something of no
general import. It would nice to get as many as possible of these closed
before the f-t-f, so that can concentrate on anything that has more
ramifications or is more complicated.

As you will have seen, I've been ploughing through the issues giving some
kind of response to everything.

Choreology suggest the following approach:

we identify sets of issues which will voted on in successive waves. A
proposed solution will be posted at least a week beforehand (and so flagged
in the issues list).  Obviously there can be comments on the proposed
solution, and if it gets messy the issue either goes round again or drops
back to open status and considered further (including discussion at the
ftf )

and we propose:

for vote Thursday 29th Nov - the minor editorials (already flagged, merged
text available as 0.9.0.1)

for vote Thursday 6th December -
  I was hoping to list a dozen or so "simple" issues now, but I'm only now
getting into the minor technicals part of the list, so need a little more
time. List to be proposed by end of Friday.

And then a further set to be proposed prior to the 6th Dec meeting and voted
at the beginning of the face-to-face.

On the first two sets, there's a good chance there will be no comment -
good. Don't feel you need to comment - spare your effort for furthering the
other ones, so they can be closed out in group 3.

Of course, anyone can propose a solution - but that means text (unless it
says there is no need to change the spec document), not just "re-write the
glossary".

we aren't quite clear what the f-t-f agenda is to be. Some elements that we
see as likely/necessary are:

some shortish walkthrough
vote on third block of issues
open issues - likely to include rpc messaging ; conformance (there seem to
be few or no other complex *technical* issues identiifed yet, though there
may be some between now and 30th November - there can be none after)

timetable for completion
continuation charter

Peter

Peter Furniss