Subject: [business-transaction] Draft Minutes from 1/16/2002 meeting

BTP Meeting Minutes 11/16/2002  (Thanks to Bill Bathurst)

NEEDED TO FINALIZE MINUTES: Attendees, and what Tony Fletcher needs help
on.

Agenda:

  Issues Votes
  Timeframe/Schedule Discussions
  Primer Outline

Attendees:

Bill Pope could not attend; Bill Cox chaired the meeting.

I don't have the full list of attendees in my notes; does someone have a
list?  We were quorate, with 12+ attendees.  Comments were made that it
was time for warning emails to go out.

Selected Document Issues and proposed resolutions were discussed, and
all but one accepted by unanimous consent:

  #7  Accepted
  #57 Accepted
  #62 Accepted
  #79 Accepted
  #80 Accepted
  #82 Deferred. Anyone who was involved in this discussion *should* use
the
      BTP mailing list to further articulate their ideas, suggestions,
etc.
  #83 Accepted
  #84 Accepted
  #85 Accepted
  #86 Accepted

Timeframes/Schedule:

There was a spirited discussion on realistic timeframes for finishing a
committee draft. This agenda item was present to get us to start
examining a realistic schedule for the endgame of BTP 1.0.  No formal
votes were take, so notes below indicate the sense of the meeting.
Straw man proposal for discussion:

* Model and Primer required for D 0.95 and later
* Complete Draft 0.95 end of February (and stop modifying the draft for
review)
* Face-to-face, probably at Oracle, in March (dates TBD, 3-4 weeks after
stable D 0.95)
* Complete updated Draft 0.99 reflecting committee review mid-April,
suitable for broader review
* 4 week review period ending mid-May
* Committee Draft with issues resolved or listed as open, end of May

Summary of discussion: D 0.95 target date of Feb 13th - Feb 27th is
achievable, with more participation of members (consensus).

Brief sermon from Bill Cox on participation if we're going to make the
timetable under discussion -- issues processing is critical, and there's
not much discussion.

In informal discussion, the group agreed that model and primer are
needed for completion, and that a detailed review/walkthrough F2F was
needed of the next stable draft.  Several members suggested that both
the model and primer are necessary for the next review: it's hard to get
people to review our document when they have to dedicate several days to
the task.

Peter suggested that D 0.99 could be completed within 4 weeks after D
0.95, and that D 1.0 could then be completed within an additional 1-2
weeks.  Discussion on having two 4-week review periods or one.  No
consensus reached. Four weeks from draft to draft does not allow a four
week review period.  Further discussion needed.

We discussed requirements for moving the committee draft to OASIS. Three
implementations, complete and consistent document are required; no one
knew the precise requirements. Someone noted that this group should
avoid the same mistakes made in developing the JMS specification (moving
too quickly to get a consistent set of semantics)

Tony Fletcher needs help [for what?]. Need more member involvement in
this process.

Primer Outline:

Brief discussion; people seemed to think it was a good start.  Comments
via email requested.

Action Items

All: Work on resolving issues so we can get to a complete reviewable
draft.

  Next meeting is Jan 30th.
begin:vcard
n:Cox;William
tel;cell:+1 908 385 7855
tel;fax:+1 908 580 3060
tel;work:+1 908 580 3458
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.bea.com/
org:BEA Systems, Inc.;Architecture and Standards
adr:;;140 Allen Rd;Liberty Corner;NJ;07938;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:William.Cox@bea.com
title:Technical Director
fn:William Cox