Subject: Re: [business-transaction] Updated Minutes for 16 January 2002

Bill,

William Bathurst was standing in for myself due to a meeting clash.

Geoff.

William Cox wrote:

> BTP Meeting Minutes 16 January 2002 (updated version)
> (Raw notes from Bill Bathurst, Bill Cox)
>
> Agenda:
>
>   Issues Votes
>   Timeframe/Schedule Discussions
>   Primer Outline
>
> Attendees:
> Members:
>    Bill Cox
>    Alex Ceponkus
>    Peter Furniss
>    Victor Corrales
>    Tony Fletcher
>    Sanjay Dalal
>    Pyounguk Cho
>    Mark Little
>    Steve White
>    Alex Berson
>    Gordon Hamilton
>    Sazi Temel
>    Jim Webber
>    Steve Viens
>    Doug Bunting
> (Bill Pope could not attend; Bill Cox chaired the meeting.)
>
> Observer:
>    Bill Bathurst, Oracle.
>
> Selected Document Issues and proposed resolutions were discussed, and
> all but one accepted by unanimous consent:
>
>   #7  Accepted
>   #57 Accepted
>   #62 Accepted
>   #79 Accepted
>   #80 Accepted
>   #82 Deferred. Anyone who was involved in this discussion *should*
>       use the BTP mailing list to further articulate their ideas,
> suggestions,etc.
>   #83 Accepted
>   #84 Accepted
>   #85 Accepted
>   #86 Accepted
>
> Timeframes/Schedule:
>
> There was a spirited discussion on realistic timeframes for finishing a
> committee draft. This agenda item was present to get us to start
> examining a realistic schedule for the endgame of BTP 1.0.  No formal
> votes were take, so notes below indicate the sense of the meeting.
> Straw man proposal for discussion:
>
> * Model and Primer required for D 0.95 and later
> * Complete Draft 0.95 end of February (and stop modifying the draft for
> review)
> * Face-to-face, probably at Oracle, in March (dates TBD, 3-4 weeks after
>
> stable D 0.95)
> * Complete updated Draft 0.99 reflecting committee review mid-April,
> suitable for broader review
> * 4 week review period ending mid-May
> * Committee Draft with issues resolved or listed as open, end of May
>
> Summary of discussion: D 0.95 target date of Feb 13th - Feb 27th is
> achievable, with more participation of members (consensus).
>
> Brief sermon from Bill Cox on participation if we're going to make the
> timetable under discussion -- issues processing is critical, and there's
>
> not much discussion.
>
> In informal discussion, the group agreed that model and primer are
> needed for completion, and that a detailed review/walkthrough F2F was
> [...]
begin:vcard
n:Brown;Geoff
tel;cell:415 298 7580
tel;work:650 506 3230
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:ATS - Core Technologies;Oracle Corporation
version:2.1
email;internet:Geoffrey.Brown@oracle.com
title:Technical Director
fn:Geoff Brown