Subject: Re: [business-transaction] BTP call for email vote - 5 issues

Issue 29: Redirection

NO.

I would keep the current approach AND submit additional functionality to the W3C -
XML Pipelining being a strong possibility.

- Issue 41: ENROL/no-rsp-req

YES.

- Issue 60: address-as-role or role-address
            Requires an A/B choice with a yes vote.

YES B.

- Issue 97: Version identification on xml namespaces

YES.

- Issue 99: PREPARE_INFERIORS and FAULT(InvalidInferior)

William Z Pope wrote:

> [...]
> InvalidInferior row to:
>
>     InvalidInferior
>
>     The "inferior-identifier" in the message or at least one
>     "inferior-identifier"s in an "inferior-list" parameter is not known or
>     does not identify a known Inferior.
>
>     One or more invalid identifiers
>
> In the description of CANCEL_INFERIORS add:
>
>     If one or more of the "inferior-identifier"s in the "inferior-list" is
>     unknown (does not correspond to an enrolled Inferior), a
>     FAULT(Invalid-inferior) shall be returned. It is an implementation
>     option whether CANCEL is sent to any of the Inferiors that are validly
>     idenitfied in the "inferiors-list".
>
> In the description of CONFIRM_TRANSACTION add:
>
>     If one or more of the "inferior-identifier"s in the "inferior-list" is
>     unknown (does not correspond to an enrolled Inferior), a
>     FAULT/Invalid-inferior shall be returned. The Decider shall not make a
>     confirm decision and shall not send CONFIRM to any Inferior.
>
> In the description of PREPARE_INFERIORS add:
>
> ONE of the following paragraphs:
>

> CHOICE A:
>
>     If one or more of the "inferior-identifier"s in the "inferior-list" is
>     unknown (does not correspond to an enrolled Inferior), a
>     FAULT/Invalid-inferior shall be returned. The Decider shall not send
>     PREPARE to any Inferior.
>
> CHOICE B:
>
>     If one or more of the "inferior-identifier"s in the "inferior-list" is
>     unknown (does not correspond to an enrolled Inferior), a
>     FAULT/Invalid-inferior shall be returned. It is an implementation option
>     whether PREPARE is sent to any of the Inferiors that are validly
>     identified in the "inferiors-list".
>
> In the faults lists for CANCEL_INFERIORS, PREPARE_INFERIORS and
> CONFIRM_TRANSACTION, make the the InvalidInferior line
>
>     InvalidInferior -- if one or more inferior handles in the inferiors-list
>     is unknown.

> BT TC Voting Rules
> -------------------
>
> Only eligible members of the TC can vote.  Every member of a TC has a
> single vote.  Organizations do not vote in TCs.  Proxies are not
> allowed in TC voting.
>
> Votes on technical and editorial issues pass when a majority votes in
> favor.  The majority is more than half of the members who vote on the
> issue, quorum is required.  Abstention are recorded and count towards
> quorum.   If a majority is not achieved the motion will be rejected.
> If quorum is not achieved it shall be as if the motion was not
> proposed and the vote did not happen.
>
> The chair may propose draft resolutions to the members of the TC for
> discussion by mail, to entertain friendly amendments to such draft
> resolutions and make such changes as shall seem most likely to gain
> general assent of the members of the TC, to put such resolutions as
> seem to have gained majority assent to the members of the TC for a
> vote by mail, and to conduct votes on such resolutions by mail.

begin:vcard
n:Brown;Geoff
tel;cell:415 298 7580
tel;work:650 506 3230
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:ATS - Core Technologies;Oracle Corporation
version:2.1
email;internet:Geoffrey.Brown@oracle.com
title:Technical Director
fn:Geoff Brown