Subject: RE: [business-transaction] Model section vote closed April11(tommorrow)!

Pyounguk,

Thanks for your comments.

> I agree with Bill that the the current version is much easier to
> read and understand. Many thanks to the main contributers
> including Peter. I got several comments on the model section.
>     - Even though it looks obvious in the following sections, in
> "Businesss transaction creation" section we could make it clear
> that the tree can be composed in a top-down manner only just for
> those people who might be wondering.

Say, add at the end of the last paragraph in that section:

Inferiors enrolling with this Superior cause the transaction tree to grow in
a top-down manner.

(not sure it adds very much, since as you say, the next sections should make
things clear. Or did you want the statement in the first paragraph  of the
section ?  If so, could you suggest such ?)

>     - Now that BTP assumes that all the operations in the
> Participant side are compensatable(whatever it might mean), the
> model section could mention this key aspect of BTP. This is
> important because it will tell readers whether a given operation,
> whether it's a web service or not, can be a part of BTP.

Not sure what you mean here.  The operations of a Participant are
*cancellable*, which may be implemented by compensation, or by not really
performing them until and if confirmed, or by behaving like a classic
database.  The ability to make an application operation BTP-able depends on
whether the application designer can find a means of having a provisional,
final and counter effects that are satisfactory within the terms of the
contract. A compensation with side-effects that are sufficiently contained
as to be acceptable is one way.  With some potential complications (if
things fail at awkward moments), this "designer" may be using somebody elses
web services to do this - but it's still a question of whether the btp-aware
service is able to (sufficiently often) deliver on its contract.

Again, if you can suggest some text and where to put it, we be clear on
this.

Peter

> Regards,
> Pyounguk