Subject: [business-transaction] WS-I

Gents,

I'm wondering if anyone within the  BTP working group is interested in
trying to establish a profile for transactions within the WS-I group.  This
effort will undoubtedly be very controversial as some of the major WS-I
players may have other implementations in mind that do not yet address
transactions within the standardization community..

Right now the basic profile is all that is being discussed but the group
will be entertaining suggestions for other profiles within the next 180
days and some effort is necessary to push this through the board.  Some of
the member companies have a presence at WSI and may be interested in trying
to start such an initiative in hopes of further institutionalizing BTP.

My hope is that getting BTP on the table early may lessen the number of
competing standards as far as transaction models for e-Business.

Regards,

Bill

Bill Flood
Sybase