Subject: Re: [business-transaction] Issue 89

I'm getting distant from the details of this one, but my view on
procedure, with the necessary declaration of my bias, is

a) delay of the spec for this item would not be justified

b) that the proposed insertion, which Bill Pope summarized well a couple
of days ago, does not undermine or alter the central thrust or details
of any other part of the specification, and continues in my view to be a
useful placeholder, optional and at worst harmless (and at best very
useful).

c) that the proposed insertion is not inherently complex or novel in
content

d) that votes exist to decide differences, and that a split vote on this
issue is not going to create civil war, nor I assume, lead anyone to
vote against the whole spec (whether the insertion is in or out).

... so, why don't we vote on counterposed (mutually exclusive)
proposals, one of which is defer to the future, as we have done with
other issues, and the other is to adopt whatever the latest text is that
the pro's are in favour of -- and be done with it?

I would have thought that this could either be done via telecon +
e-mail, or at the F2F, and then we can all move on to making BTP known
and, I hope, widely adopted in the industry.

If we finalized this issue at the F2F then we do have more time to
discuss it -- I presume that the next three weeks allows quite a lot of
further discussion, does it not?

Yours,

Alastair